Smart Home Devices for Modern Homeownership: Recap from REALTOR® Magazine
Thursday Aug 03rd, 2023
REALTOR® Magazine’s Ultimate Smart Home Series helps real estate professionals and homeowners discover the best ways to incorporate smart home technology into your home life.
Take tomorrow’s tech for a test drive today.
Attend the iOi Summit, August 29-30 in Miami Beach, FL.
As technology continues to shape the way people interact with their homes, here are five key advancements from REALTOR® Magazine’s recent article, Smart Home Tech That Enhances Home Efficiency, to pass along to your clients seeking greater energy efficiency:
- Smart thermostats offer intuitive control, adjusting temperature based on habits and saving energy.
- Smart lighting allows homeowners to adjust ambiance and reduce energy waste using smartphone apps or voice commands.
- Smart shades optimize natural light and temperature while providing remote control convenience.
- Smart irrigation systems save water by adjusting watering schedules based on real-time weather conditions and plant needs.
- Smart energy meters provide insights into electricity consumption, helping homeowners make informed decisions to reduce energy usage and lower their carbon footprint.
Check out other helpful articles in REALTOR Magazine’s Ultimate Smart Home Series, including:
- Smart Home Tech That Enhances Home Efficiency
- Illuminate the Future: An In-Depth Guide to Smart Lighting
- Smart Kitchens: The Gadgets and Tech That Make Life Easier
- Smart Home Tech: What to Upgrade and When
Your main thoughts about smart lighting may be related to convenience, security, and energy efficiency, but don’t sleep on the health benefits of an automated lighting routine.
Manage your kitchen the smart way, from upgraded smart large appliances to smaller gadgets, and yes, a smart air fryer, too.
What to Upgrade and When
Technology is always evolving, and different devices and tools have varying lifespans. It's important to know when to upgrade your smart home technology to keep things running seamlessly. And remember: It's not necessary to upgrade every time a new model comes out.